The Daily Show isn't letting up on President Barack Obama despite host Jon Stewart's summer vacation.
This week, fill-in anchor John Oliver torched Obama's visit to Germany, daring to compare the president to a flailing, failing broadcast network.
Oliver noted the dramatic drop in crowd size from the president's 2008 address in Germany to his June 19 speech. Even the liberal comedy show couldn't hide this decline.
“Losing 95 percent of your audience in just five years, that basically makes Obama the NBC of presidents."
I think the new president smell went away after the first month. This empty suit of a president is merely a joke to all the night time comedians. The following are some of the reasons people our losing interest in Obama.
1. When you don't have substance people lose interest and don't come back. They all got cought up in the moment.
2. When you make false promises people lose interest.
3. When you lie and cover up 4 American deaths people lose interest.
4. When your administration has the same hit list as the IRS then people lose interest.
5. When you're known as the 'Food stamp president'... people lose interest.
6. When you insist that the Catholic Church should be forced to do things against their faith... people lose interest.
7. When you decide to go after the media and free speech, people lose interest.
People are starting to get it. The man doesn't know what he's doing. Lecturer, community organizer, 143 days experience in the Senate, President. Not a lot on that resume. But now the rock star seems to be losing his mojo at the precise time when Democrats most need Obama to rise to the occasion and help save their House and Senate majorities. The stakes could not be higher, because losing control of Congress could cripple Obama's agenda in the final two years of his second term.
We can all hope... for some serious change.